For most brands and exhibitors, exhibitions can be quite overwhelming. It is a huge responsibility that requires your 100% dedication and attention. To help you make the most of exhibitions and aid you with time-management we bring you 10 tips and tricks to ensure a hassle-free exhibition.
1. Jot down your objectives –With so many options from gaining more customers, or increasing your reach, to networking; exhibition has many things to offer. Hence brands and companies get easily carried away at exhibitions. To not shift you focus from your objectives, we suggest you make a list of things you want to achieve by participating in exhibitions and formulate a marketing plan in accordance with your goal. This is will help you in deciding various factors with regards to your exhibition stand construction etc without deviating from your goal.
2. Stay up-to-date with market trends – To pack a punch at any given exhibition it is necessary that you stay up-to-date with the latest trends in the market. Brands that use on-trend tactics and exhibition ideas tend to influence the audience tremendously. Use the latest technology and innovation to stay relevant. Incorporating trending techniques will help you stand-out in the crowd of exhibitors and bring maximum attention to your exhibition stand.
3. Stay informed about your competitors – Before finalizing on your exhibition stand or even brain storming about exhibition ideas, it is recommended that you do some research about your competitors and even the exhibitors participating at the same show as you. This will give you a good idea about what needs to be done to beat the competition and help you come up with effective ideas and activities as well.
4. Choose quality over money – Your exhibition stand is going to represent your brand at the exhibition. Hence don’t compromise on the exhibition stand’s design and build just to save a few pennies. While participating in an exhibition, opting for quality over quantity and money goes a long way. Even while hiring the sales force, select sales people that are experienced and knowledgeable. A good team might cost you more but will take your brand to the next level at any given exhibition.
5. Select a versatile exhibition stand company – A good way to ensure that your experience is hassle-free is to opt for an exhibition stand construction company that provides end-to-end services. Companies that provide complete range of services such as designing, manufacturing, printing graphics, installation, dismantling and logistics must be your first preference. Such companies will not only save you from spending extra on services but will take care of everything for you, giving you plenty of time to concentrate on other important things.
6. Opt for a modular exhibition stand –Modular exhibition stands are gaining a lot of popularity and are slowly replacing custom stands in many countries. Most modular exhibition stand in Europe are quickly replacing custom stands. A modular stand is a budget friendly option. It is easy and quick to install and doesn’t require much manpower either. Modular stands look classy and sophisticated and help you to pull more crowd.
7. Don’t procrastinate – Procrastinating, especially during exhibitions can cost your company. Time is of essence at exhibitions hence, use it wisely. Start with installation of the exhibition stand at the earliest, if you have spare time left you can use it to deck up the stand. Ask your staff you come in early and prep them. They must be absolutely ready for impromptu questions and dealing with difficult customers. At exhibitions it is always good to be early than even slightly late.
8. Save the big tricks for the peak hours – It is an added bonus if you are planning to conduct interactive activities or have exhibition ideas planned for the show. It is suggested that you save these tricks for the appropriate hours. Early hours of the exhibition are generally slow and not many clients drop by during this time. Evening and late afternoons are the perfect time since there is an increase in foot-fall. Conduct your activities during this time to pull the incoming crowd towards your exhibition stand. Whenever you see an increase in foot-fall, indulge in your activities to attract the crowd.
9. Invite your existing customers – Most brands forget about the existing customers while participating in an exhibition. Inviting your existing customers to your exhibition stand not only increases brand loyalty but also makes the customers feel valued and important. Most happy customers may also repurchase your products so it’s a win-win situation.
10. Make the most of the allotted time – Unlike a store, you have a short window to make the most of, at exhibitions. Hence use your time appropriately. There is absolutely no scope for being lethargic at an event. You staff at the exhibition stand must always be energetic and attentive. Also never leave your booth unattended. If you use your time wisely at exhibitions it can help your brand to grow in more ways than one.