Be it BTL or ATL marketing, it is always a challenge to grab your audience’ attention effectively and in the shortest time slot. To emerge from the crowd brands try various tactics especially in events and exhibitions.
One relatively easy way to ensure visibility in a place bustling with various brands is enhancing your trade show graphics.
We bring you 7 steps to stand out in the crowd solely by working on your exhibition stand graphics.
1. Understand your brand – Before you conduct exhibitions and make preparations about the same, it is crucial that your first understand your brand. Depending on what your product is, who it is catering to and what image you want to project make the stand graphics accordingly. Your exhibition stand design and graphics should reflect your brand’s personality and the marketing approach. Analyse how your product is marketed and stick to the theme and concept. This way you reinstate and emphasise the brand’s image in the consumer’s mind. Deviating from the brand’s personality and your marketing approach can send mixed messages and even confuse your audience.
2. Play with colors – Adding bold, bright colours is the simplest way to enhance an image and attract the attention of your audience. Colours set the tone of your presentation and set-up. It is also important that you use colours that match the brand’s personality and image, in your exhibition stand graphics. Using colours synonymous with your brand reinforces the brand’s image and increases brand recall. Adding contrasting hues spikes the consumer’s attention and assures visibility even from a distance. Every colour presents certain emotions and sends a unique message. Understand your product and select colours that resonate with the message you want to send across through your exhibition stand design.
3. Experiment with fonts – The font of your exhibition stand graphic plays an important role in marketing activities. The font you use subconsciously sends a message; be it important, funny, and informative or even a warning. For example ‘Comic Sans’ font is perfect to attract children and send across a playful, youthful message; whereas ‘Times New Roman’ font is more business-like and is used for sending a direct straight forward message.
4. Density – A single bold statement creates more impact than a long and descriptive sentence on an exhibition stand design. You mustn’t cramp up your exhibition stand graphics with too much content. The density of your message should be small, crisp and attention-grabbing. It is easier to read and remember shorter sentences than longer ones. Make sure your content on the exhibition stand is catchy and witty. It ensures brand recall value.
5. Appropriate Placement – The placement of your graphics is also critical. To engage consumers from a distance, invest in hanging banners, they make your brand’s presence felt in the entire event. A mid-range banner can be spotted from a good distance too. It won’t give as much impact as a hanging banner would, but it will give good mid-range visibility to your exhibition stand design. Keep your graphics eye level instead of floor level as it is essential to have the information on the creative stands at least 20” off the floor to make it noticeable. Also, in exhibitions, people comprehend the graphics as a newspaper so, ensure that your brand message is organised in that way.
6. Select the right material – The material you use has a tremendous capacity to enhance or even tone down your exhibition stand graphics. Graphics printed on fabric may not be as glossy as graphics printed on vinyl or flex. Enquire with exhibition stand contractors for the best material and even creative ideas for exhibition stands.
7. Cohesiveness – Lastly your stand and your graphics must seamlessly come together to form a cohesive image. Your stand, its design, graphics and colours must complement each other to look like an extension of your brand. When everything is in sync with each other, it presents a wholesome image and creates a lasting impact on the consumer’s mind.
8. White Space: Often exhibitors have a misconception of avoiding the white spaces between the graphics and the text. To overcome this issue, they are frequently found filling up the spaces with additional text or graphics which might somehow spoil the overall look of your exhibition graphics. Before giving your exhibition stand graphics for printing make sure you have some breathing space in your graphics which would help your design look clutter-free and aesthetically appealing.
9. Image Quality: If you’re planning to use images for promoting your product or service at an exhibition then make sure that the highest quality pictures are being used for designing your exhibition graphics. This will make sure that the exhibition stand graphics printing is of high resolution ensuring quality graphics to make a lasting impression on your target audience. Having good quality images will allow you to have an enlarged one while retaining its quality and impact whereas a low-quality image would pixelate and result in blurry graphics.
In the hustle of an exhibition, exhibitors would often find it difficult to make their mark in the industry. In such scenarios, your exhibition stand ideas, and use of graphics will help you create a unique presence and grab the attention of the audience towards your brand. These graphics can speak volumes to your visitors about your company and its services and what makes your brand stand apart from your competitors even before your stand staffs approaches them. Implement these above elements while designing your exhibition graphics which would definitely add to the overall success of your creative stands.
About Expo Exhibition Stands:-
Expo Exhibition Stands is an established player in the exhibition stand industry with strong presence in 7 major European countries
We have the largest online catalog of stand designs in Europe! So you can be assured to find your perfect match.